Any insurance policy is a promise to pay in the event of a covered loss. Our ability to keep that promise and provide fair, prompt, and courteous claims service is something you can expect from Midwest Family. Claims service questionnaires provided to customers that have gone through our claims process have consistently shown a 97% satisfaction rate.
How do I report a Claim?
Claims can be reported using any of the following options:
- Download the Midwest Family Mobile App
- Login to your Insured Portal account and click on the Report a Claim link or you can Register here.
- Report the loss to your Agent. They are your advocate through the claims process.
- Call 1-800-CALL-MFM (225-5636). Please follow the prompts and you’ll be able to communicate the details of your claim. We have claims experts standing by to answer your call 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Report glass claims by calling Safelite at 1-877-746-9781.
What should be done after storm damage occurs?
- Report all damage to your agent as soon as possible.
- Cover all holes in torn or damaged roofs immediately so wind and rain do not cause further damage.
- Keep receipts for any emergency repair work to submit to your insurance company for reimbursement. If possible, photograph or videotape damaged property before making repairs.
- Keep all damaged furniture or other expensive items to show the adjuster.
- Make a list of damaged items. If possible, put together a set of records-old receipts, bills and photographs- to help establish the price and age of everything that needs to be repaired or replaced.
- Identify the structural damage to your home and make a list of everything you would like to show the adjuster.
- Do not sign any contracts for repair work or give any deposits to contractors until you have met with the adjuster.
Auto Claims - What should be done after an automobile accident?
If anyone is injured, call a medical professional to determine if treatment is necessary. Obtain the following information:
- Name, address and telephone number of each driver, passenger and witness.
- Name of the other party's insurance company, the policy number and the vehicle license plate numbers for each vehicle involved.
Workers Compensation Claims - What should be done after a possible work related injury?
- Please IMMEDIATELY email the completed First Report of Injury form found in your policy or available below to email@example.com. Late reports can be fined by state regulators.
- Do not wait for medical bills.
- Do not withhold the loss report because you believe the claim is questionable.
- If an employee is injured but does not initially lose work time, and then later does lose work time because of the injury, call us immediately.
Workers Compensation First Report of Injury State Forms
- Please attach your completed state form below to your claim using our online Claims Reporting tool or Mobile App or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Arizona - Colorado - Idaho - Illinois - Indiana - Iowa - Kansas - Kentucky - Michigan
Minnesota - Missouri - Montana - Nebraska - Nevada - New Mexico - Oregon
Pennsylvania - South Dakota - Utah - Wisconsin