Worker’s Compensation Adjuster
Midwest Family Mutual Insurance Company is seeking an experienced Worker’s Compensation Claims Adjuster. Applicants must have a minimum of 3 years of experience handling Work Comp Indemnity claims and litigation. Midwest Family is currently writing WC in several states including AZ, CO, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, MN, MO, MT, NE, NM, NV, OR, SD, UT, and WI, with anticipated expansion into KY, MI, and PA. Multi-jurisdictional adjusting experience is a plus.
Essential Job Functions
- Confirm coverage and policy information.
- Establish proper loss reserves and negotiate loss settlements.
- Monitor outside vendors/attorneys and their expenses.
- Maintain compliance with Workers' Compensation procedures and requirements established by regulatory authorities.
- Pursue Workers' Compensation liens and subrogation when appropriate.
- Maintain compliance with claims practice rules and internal instructions.
- Keep supervisor advised of significant claim development.
- Answer correspondence and inquiries promptly from brokers/agents, insured’s, claimants, doctors, attorneys, outside vendors, etc.
- Compliance with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities at the Company.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- College Degree preferred.
- Minimum of three years of experience handling Workers' Compensation claims for a major insurance carrier.
- Knowledge and understanding of Workers' Compensation policy coverages.
- Knowledge of legal, medical terms and meanings, civil and agency laws and related fields which may come within the purview of Workers' Compensation claims.
- Ability to effectively negotiate settlement of claims in a timely and reasonable fashion.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office products and good keyboarding skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is a Telework (work from home) position that requires ability to work independently, access to high speed internet and a dedicated home office space.
Midwest Family Mutual offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings, Flexible Spending, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(K), Roth 401K, and Pension Plan.