Senior System Analyst / Programmer / Developer
Midwest Family Mutual Insurance Company has a full-time position available for a Senior System Engineer/Programmer/Developer with strong financial background performing a variety of technical and analytical duties in the operation of enterprise, Citrix desktop, client/server and web based applications, databases and networks.
This Senior Programmer will also be mainly focused on Insurance Billing, financial statistical evaluation/corrections and Insurance Bureau reporting. In addition to the financial aspect, the Senior Programmer’s role is to write, code, test, and analyze IT Help Desk items, software programs and applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle. Additionally, this role includes end-user training / consultation, data fix analysis / resolution and Help documentation. The Senior Programmer will also be involved in the daily monitoring, maintenance and execution of products and processes that necessary to the everyday functions of the company.
This individual will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve systems issues, implement new features and products as well as interact with all levels of users in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
- Consistently write, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications or described deficiency/bug. Specifically related to Billing/financial transactions, statistical code and bureau reporting.
- Run and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging.
- Administer critical analysis of test results and deliver solutions to problem areas.
- Generate statistics, prepare, and write reports for management and/or team members on the status of the programming process.
- Write programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of company Web site and/or related Web applications as necessary.
- Liaise with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with software products or company software systems.
- Run and monitor products and processes that are necessary for the everyday function of the company
IT Help Desk / Product Maintenance
- Analyze and make data fixes to billing/financial aspects of insurance policy, look for trends/long term solutions to related issues.
- Provide technical assistance and support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware.
- Direct and consult with other staff on IT Help Desk and Product Maintenance work.
- Coordinate scheduled promotes with Development and R&D Teams.
- Write training manuals, procedural guidelines, product detail overviews.
- Maintain daily performance of computer systems.
- Ask questions to determine nature of problem and walk users through problem-solving process and follow up with users to ensure issue has been resolved.
Strategy & Planning
- Assist developers, analysts, and designers in conceptualizing and development of new / amended software programs and applications.
- Assist in the preparation and documentation of program requirements and specifications.
- Research and document requirements of program users.
Education & Certification
- College degree, AAS degree or Programming Certification
- 7+ years equivalent work experience
Knowledge & Experience
- Proven experience in development and maintenance of financial solutions.
- Proven experience in leading/overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Working technical knowledge of programming languages, including ASP.NET, VB.NET, C#.
- Extensive database and operating systems experience with Oracle and SQL Server including SQL Developer and Golden.
- Thorough understanding of platforms such as Windows 2008, 2012 Server.
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies, including XML, ASP, Web Services.
- Hands-on software troubleshooting experience.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Working knowledge of Jira and TFS 2010 for change management and source control.
- Experience writing, executing and automating complex reports and queries.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into software-related issues and products.
- Highly logical.
- Technically proficient.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Remote work from home environment. This position will require at least two weeks’ training at a Midwest Family location.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines or monitor system processes.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and other devices.
- Some travel will be required for the purpose of off-site software training and team meetings.
- Physically able to participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Occasional lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
Midwest Family Mutual offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings, Flexible Spending, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(K), Roth 401K, and Pension Plan.