Agency Service Representative
Midwest Family Mutual is a Property/Casualty Insurance Company looking for an experienced, customer focused individual to join our Agency Service Center team! This position is responsible for accurate and timely data entry/application processing, while providing excellent customer service to our independent agents and insureds. Qualified candidate will have a minimum of 3 years property/casualty insurance experience, with a strong emphasis in commercial lines, customer service and heavy call environment.
This is a remote (work from home) desk position and requires someone who works well independently as well as part of a remote team environment. A dedicated home office space, wired high speed internet connection is required. Midwest Family has maintained a remote work environment since 2006 with no intentions of bringing employees back into a physical office.
Work hours for this position are 10:00am – 7:00pm CT; Monday – Friday, with occasional overtime.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Timely review and processing of commercial quotes and new business applications.
- Answer billing questions and process payments for customers.
- Assist agents as needed through various means including phone calls, email, live chat/instant messaging.
- Assist agents with personal lines changes and quotes.
- Work closely with the Underwriting and Marketing departments, and other areas within the company to deliver upon our mission statement.
- Provide exceptional customer service and quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Other functions may be assigned as business conditions warrant.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and call center experience required.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- 3+ years of P&C Insurance experience required.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Must be able to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Create and maintain a high-quality work environment.
- This is a full-time, remote position that will require dependable high-speed cable/DSL Internet, a dedicated home office space and travel to the MN and/or IA office on occasion.
- Must be able to work until 7:00pm CST.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Property/Casualty Insurance knowledge and experience
- Insurance education/designations is a plus – i.e. INS, CPCU, CIC
Midwest Family Mutual offers a competitive salary along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical (HDHP)
- Health Reimbursement Account/Wellness Incentives
- Flexible Spending – Medical and Dependent Care
- Long Term Disability
- Employer paid Short Term Disability
- Employer paid Life Insurance (2x annual salary) including dependent coverage
- Employee and Dependent Life Insurance Plan Options
- Accident, Hospital Indemnity and Critical Illness Plan Options
- LifeLock Identity Protection Plan Options
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Holidays (nine per year)
- Paid time off for CE
- Eight hours of paid time off per year for volunteer work
- Employer matching for employee 501c donations (limited)
Retirement Benefits include:
- 401K and Roth 401K with company match
- Employer Paid Defined Benefit Pension Plan