Midwest Family Mutual Insurance Company is seeking an experienced Commercial and Personal Lines Underwriter. Qualified candidate must have 3 or more years of Commercial Underwriting experience.
Duties will include growing relationships with Independent Agents while underwriting a terriory of both commercial and personal lines accounts. Other requirements include, but not limited to:
- 3+years of property/casualty experience required.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of personal and commercial policies.
- Knowledge and understanding of all commercial lines is desired.
- Personal lines underwriting experience is a plus.
- Understanding of coverage forms and endorsements and how they apply.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required.
- Ability to work independently with excellent time management skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, good keyboarding and technology skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Responsible for complying with proper internal controls as necessary to conduct job functions and/or carry out responsibilities and/or administrative activities.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
- This is a Telework (work from home) position and access to high speed internet and a home office space is required.
- CPCU, AU designation or other insurance education preferred.
- College Degree is a plus.
Midwest Family Mutual offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings, Flexible Spending, Short Term and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, 401(K), Roth 401K, and Pension Plan.